This module provides a collaborative platform for organisations to develop strategic, organisational and programme assessment plans.
Through developing programme assessment plans, education and training providers are able to design and develop high-quality knowledge and skills programmes, measure performance and improve quality.
Organisations inspected by OfSTED can use assessment plans to demonstrate curriculum intent and measure curriculum impact.
Assessment Plan Types
Stedfast offers 3 types of assessment plan:
- Strategic – used for top-level and strategic planning
- Organisational – used for self-assessment and compliance frameworks
- Programme – used for course planning, review and improvement planning
Programme assessment plans are used to create curriculum plans and align outcomes with delivery activities.
Assessment plans can be developed for each programme of study. The plan owners and collaborating staff are able to identify the objectives and outcomes that will be delivered.
Assessment plan reviews are undertaken by teachers and trainers at the end of an assessment cycle, usually the academic year.
Assessment Plan Measures
Assessment plan measures are a key component and set out what will be delivered to learners and what they will be expected to know or be able to do.
Users identify the types of measure that will be used to gauge understanding and achievement.
Each measure also has the target or achievement criteria set. This allows staff to identify if the required levels of knowledge and skills have been achieved by all learners.
Stedfast allows users to map outcomes which provides a number of benefits for developing high-quality programmes:
- It supports the identification of wider learning aims
- Identifies gaps in the curriculum
- Allows teachers and trainers to identify similar outcomes on other programmes
- Aligns to other strategic goals
- Maps to compliance requirements such as SMSC and Prevent Guidance